WHY WE NEED CLINICAL TRIALS
- The role of a clinical trial in improving cancer outcomes
- What is a clinical trial?
- What is the purpose of a clinical trial?
PARTICIPATING IN A CLINICAL TRIAL
- Selecting the appropriate trial for a child
- Is participation voluntary?
BENEFITS AND RISKS IN PARTICIPATING
- The benefits of participating
- Risks in participating
- Risks in NOT participating
CREATING PEDIATRIC CLINICAL TRIALS
- COG's role in creating pediatric clinical trials
- Creating a network for effective clinical trials
- COG's role in creating access to clinical trials
- CHOC's involvement with COG
CLINICAL TRIALS AT CHOC:
TYPES OF TRIALS OFFERED AT CHOC
- Trials available other than therapeutic
- Trials for first-line therapy or for recurrent disease
- Clinical trials for the AYA patient
THE DIFFERENT PHASES OF CLINICAL TRIALS
- What is a Phase 1 clinical trial?
- What is a Phase 2 clinical trial?
- What is a Phase 3 clinical trial?
THE CLINICAL TRIALS TEAM:
THE PI OR PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
- The role of the PI in designing the study
- The PI at CHOC
COORDINATION AND OVERSIGHT OF CLINICAL TRIALS
- Responsibilities of the Clinical Research Coordinator
- The role of the Institutional Review Board
STEPS IN THE CLINICAL TRIALS PROCESS:
IMPROVING TREATMENTS AND OUTCOMES
- The Protocol
- The Comprehensive Treatment Plan or “Roadmap”
- The occurrence of an adverse event
- The Consent Conference
- The Informed Consent Form
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE:
THE HYUNDAI GENOMICS PROJECT
- Participating in the Genomics Project
- Why CHOC collects and stores tumor tissue
- The CISCO Tumor Board at CHOC
- A final word about clinical trials
CLINICAL TRIALS eBOOK
The eBook has further information and helpful links about clinical trials.
You can view it here, and/or submit your email address to receive a link to a PDF of the Clinical Trials eBook